This system is valid for Amateur and Professional categories
- All competitors will be subdivided into three pools by draw, which will take place in front of all participants
- Competitors who come from the same school/company will be split into the three pools by draw in their presence
- In each pool, the dancers will be competing in direct elimination to advance to the finals. The number of finalists will depend on the number of participants in each pool
Normal Re-draw: If a team does not have a challenger in the first stage due to the number of participants, then the judges will find one from the eliminated teams in the same pool.
Obligatory Re-draw: If normal re-draw is not required, then the judges will choose a couple of competitors eliminated in the previous stage to compete against each other to find a place in the finals.
The champion and the first runner-up will have guaranteed access to the finals at the next year’s competition.
- The competition will be one vs. one asking dancers to improvise
- The title of the song to be used will be chosen on the spot
- The competitors will each have 40 seconds to improvise, twice per round
- The influence of other Caribbean styles such as, runba, afro, pachanga, reggeaton, etc will be allowed
- Jumps/Tricks: lifting both feet off the ground will be allowed with the only purpose of interpreting the music correctly. A sequence of tricks done randomly, even if applied technically sound will not be taken into consideration by the judges, as "Salsa" is the main focus of this competition.
- The song being selected will come from various styles of salsa. In addition line dancing can be applied to a timba song or vice-versa. This will be accpeted in order to privide the most freedom to the participants improvisation.
Divisions: Minimum of 15 competitors per division to received paid trip to Milan, Italy in February 2020. Hotel & Flight up to $1,000.00
"SALSA" WILL BE THE CONSIDERED THE MAIN FOCUS OF EVERY PARTICIPANT IN ORDER TO WIN THE COMPETITION
Qualifier- Thursday July, 5th, 2019.... 5:00 PM- 7:00 PM
Finals- Friday July 6th, 2019... 8:00 PM- 9:00 PM